Today was a good day. I spent a lot of time with Kenzie. When I hold her I can't help but kiss all over her. She's so stinking cute. Sundays for some reason seem more emotional for me than some of the other days. I guess probably because when you go to church and you listen to sermons about God, Jesus, and Heaven you are comforted knowing that if the worse were to happen she would be in the arms of someone who loves her as much as we do. I am a very selfish person and I want to keep her around for a long time. Don't get me wrong I am almost 100% convinced she will be ok. Did you catch that? I said almost. There is always a little doubt no matter how hard I try to make myself believe she is gonna be ok.
We have some friends who's little girl had open heart surgery and had her aorta replaced. At first it looked good, then she got a bacterial infection, that caused her lung to collapse. She has been having a rough way to go. She has a website. www.shoutoutforscout.com if you want to check it out. I am not sure how her parents are holding up, but somehow they are. I know in a few weeks we are gonna be in the same boat as they are and it makes my stomach turn upside down. There is no way to run from it, or fight it, or hide from it. It's coming and there is nothing I nor my wife can do about it. The only thing we can do is pray and hand it over to God and Jesus. So that is what I am asking for, prayers, prayers, prayers.
Awwww....we love y'all so much. My heart breaks for y'all...
ReplyDeleteLove is sent your way from your Bama friends. We miss all of you so much and wish we were there to wrap our arms around you, pray with you and be there for physical support. Please know that we are with you through our hearts and spirits. Prayers will be going up daily for Kenzie and all of you. ~Dave, Darlene and family
ReplyDeleteI am here if you all need anything at all. I know how hard this is and please know I will be praying and keeping up with her.
ReplyDelete